Programs Integrated Clinical Support Program
Customized, Onsite Training and Education for Clinics
The SFAETC Integrated Clinical Support Program (ICSP) provides customized in-service training, ongoing clinical consultation and educational support to Ryan White Program-funded and other community-based HIV/AIDS health care professionals and organizations throughout the Bay Area. Special emphasis is given to HIV and primary medical care sites that serve targeted populations, those unable to regularly participate in continuing medical education, and those that have not had previous access to HIV training.
Participating sites may include:
- HIV specialty clinics
- community health centers
- community-based organizations with active HIV medical caseloads
- hybrid clinical programs, where advanced practice nurses and mid-level practitioners bridge the connection between patients who are not traditionally in full HIV care and their HIV health care providers.
Programs can be delivered onsite and are customized to meet the needs of a specific clinical setting. Participating sites may complete an educational needs assessment, or a patient chart review to identify areas of learning need and interest.
Participation may be as brief as covering a requested topic in a single session or a few visits to the clinic site, or may be part of a continuous clinical consultation and training plan. Ongoing sessions may be scheduled throughout the program year to cover a variety of subjects in a regularly scheduled series.
Topics of special focus include:
- Implementation of CDC revised recommendations for HIV testing in health care settings.
- Antiretroviral therapies, especially starting, stopping and changing ARV regimens.
- HIV prevention in the clinical setting.
- Prevention and treatment of opportunistic infections associated with HIV disease and AIDS.
- Screening and management of major co-morbidities, including hepatitis co-infections.
- HIV, mental health and substance use.
For more information or to arrange for onsite training or clinical consultation, please call (415) 597-9145.